To See Their Faces & Hear Their Voices

Walk on the road with me, during preparation for my trip to Capetown, South Africa

Friday, February 29, 2008

Awake

Well, it's 7:28 in Chicago and I can't find a lead to purchasing this documentary by Koto Bolofo. African Violet and The Land is White, The Seed is Black are two documentaries that I would really like to watch. Especially the African Violet film. I am so happy that I have finally discovered the exact direction that I am going in for this project. "Women in Apartheid"
I am still contemplating the name change for this blog...it needs to reflect this experience accurately. I also need to think about the title of this project...I am very excited.
I watched a really interesting clip on youtube yesterday night about two of the organizations that I will hopefully partner with during this trip. I also read a policy brief about women's empowerment and gender equality. (I'll post both pieces later!)
Well, regarding the journey of finding funding for this project, I am completing one of the primary scholarships that is due March 3 however, where the rest of the money is going to come from...who knows? I am not going to get discouraged! I will find these find these documentaries!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home