To See Their Faces & Hear Their Voices

Walk on the road with me, during preparation for my trip to Capetown, South Africa

Sunday, July 27, 2008

5 days....

Well, I'm in Chicago now trying to rest and finish up the other things I had to do....
  • Go shopping
  • Re-write my propsal
  • Buy my insurance

So, I'm getting nervous now, especially about the plane ride and staying with so many people in the home base. I had a conference call Friday (July 25th) and my Program Adviser went over a few of important things

  1. Currency - 7 / 8 rand = $1 US Dollar
  2. Rules and Regulations (you know, curfew, interacting with people at your placement, house rules, etc.) boring stuff....blah, blah
  3. Something that was mentioned, in SA the drinking age is 18 but they want people to still follow US drinking laws. My program adviser stated that if anyone comes in after curfew, "You'll get a really good talking to...!" lol to that
  4. She gave us a few important phone numbers
  5. She also gave us an idea of how much things cost...So, how much taxis will cost per week, inexpensive and expensive meal ranges, purchasing a cheap cell phone....yeah.

So, right now I'm just reading and preparing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home